I am extremely proud to announce that I have just been invited to be a member of The Parliamentary Review. I think I was originally recommended by Theresa Villiers, our local MP. I then wrote an article in February 2019.
This really is a privilege and I am very honoured to be asked. Members include a number of current and former MPs, ministers, members of the House of Lords and figures from a range of industries. They meet regularly to discuss parliament and politics from the point of view of business. They also hold other events and meetings and Members are consulted on all major parliamentary motions, with a view to informing both houses.
This gives me and Stuart Harris Associates a real voice in Parliament :-
• Parliamentary Review Members are able to view and vote on any major bill going through parliament. The results of Members’ polls, and their opinions, are disseminated to relevant MPs, ministers and committees. This is unique to Parliamentary Review Members; there is nowhere else online that hosts this feature.
• Following a discussion, The Parliamentary Review can write to MPs or ministers on Members’ behalf to express support, concern or criticism regarding particular government policies or legislations going through the Commons or Lords.
• Members are provided with access to the best means of contacting ministers and other key parliamentary and governmental figures.
• The Parliamentary Review is able to provide Members with advice and private research on any issue pertaining to parliament or specific pieces of legislation. This can be over the phone, in person or via written reports.
• Each Member has a dedicated Parliamentary Review special advisor who is able to commission research on their behalf and answer any questions they may have.
For my part as The Friendly Accountant, I am hoping that I will be able to lobby for small businesses and simplification of the tax system. Watch this space !